BOOKBINDERY
Founded 1850

Alois Schmidt

Owners:

Alois Schmidt

1850 - 1893

Karl Schmidt

1893 - 1924

Adolf Schmidt

1924 - 1968

Elisabeth & Herbert Santin

1968 - 1997

Sophie Machatschke

since 1997

Karl Schmidt

Alois Schmidt


Karl Schmidt

Zu Beginn...

The bookbindery was founded on 18. November 1850 by Alois Schmidt in Schäffergasse 12 in the 4th district.

In March 1945 the house suffered bomb damage. The bookbindery was moved to the current address in Heumühlgasse 5.

2. Weltkrieg

Heute

In 1997 Sophie Machatschke took over this old-established business.